If I haven’t put you off with my title and you have been brave enough to read on..thank you! I am all about instant gratification…especially at certain times of the month… long gone are the days when I’d mark my calendar because my cravings are all the calendar I need…I mean I do indulge in self gratification when it comes to food…on the daily! but when its that time of the month the cravings take on a life of their own… Pookie can bear testament to this… If I ask for a Lindt & Sprüngli chocolate bar and he gets me a Guylian chocolate bar instead – all hell is going to break lose ‘I ASKED FOR MY SWISS CHOCOLATE BAR WHY PRAY-TELL DID YOU GET ME THE BELGIAN CHOCOLATE WHYYYYYY???!’ Thank God for Pinterest because theres always a pin that describes every situation you could think of perfectly! All my rambling can be summarized by the pin below!
It also never ceases to amuse me how Zara always seems stupefied when I tell her I’m going to bake something…if it’s a cake she’ll tell me ‘mommy I dint know you could make straw berry cake!’…she doesn’t realize that the basics are all the same! to her the process of making a chocolate cake or a vanilla cake is way different from making a strawberry cake! or in this case she just dint believe I could make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies…despite the fact that she’s had my peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal and chocolate cookies before!
I absolutely looooooooove this recipe because
- It is mind blowing…no! mind boggling! how easy it is to make.
- It takes a nano second (exactly how long is a nano second?…to be googled at a later date) to mix and only 10 minutes to bake
- It has just the right amount of crunch around the edges and hint of chewiness at the center. So you don’t need to dunk it into a glass of milk…or a cup of hot tea…..Your saliva is all the lubrication you need!
- Theres peanut butter and chocolate in it
- My little Zizwhizz thinks I’m a hybrid of a power puff girl and nanny plum (for those of you who don’t have the pleasure of having a kid under 5 in your house hold thats a character on Ben & Hollys little Kingdom…which is a cartoon by the way!)
✦⊱ཞ INGREDIENTS ཞ⊰✦
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 11/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees celsius.